Job Description: Public Relations Account Executive
MC2Advertising, a niche advertising agency which specializes in supporting co-op business for the world’s leading quick service restaurant is seeking a seasoned public relations professional. Candidate must be a strategic thinker with excellent writing skills, active on social media, have proven success in pitching stories and a passion for people.
The candidate will be responsible for the public relations and promotional initiatives for our QSR co-operative client in Ft. Myers, FL. The candidate will create, manage, and implement PR campaigns with the goal of enriching the client’s position within the public eye. Maintaining strong relationships with individual franchisees as well as local media reps is a MUST.
- Plan and direct public relations programs designed to create and maintain a favorable public image for our client.
- Work with creative team to create marketing and promotional materials, both print and electronic.
- Create, edit, proofread, and revise communications.
- Candidate must be willing to routinely travel to Ft. Myers.
- Design and launch social media campaigns.
- Promote client’s products and brand through public relations initiatives.
- Create and deliver press releases, media relations content, social media content and on-site promotional management.
- Research media coverage and industry trends.
- Develop fresh story ideas.
- Conduct extensive media outreach.
- Coordinate scheduling and logistics.
- Monthly client update and educational presentations highlighting programs which have been executed and garnering approval of upcoming programs.
- Please send resume, cover letter and writing samples to:
Mike Castillo at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description: Marketing and Communications Specialist
Company Name: Soukup Strategic Solutions, Inc.
Company Web Site: http://www.SoukupStrategicSolutions.com
About Our Organization: The mission of Soukup Strategic Solutions is to provide nonprofit organizations with practical support and strategies that will help them succeed in fulfilling their missions.
Job Location: Work will be performed primarily at the Company office. Meetings will be required at client offices and other locations throughout the Southwest Florida community. Some travel outside of Southwest Florida is required.
Time Commitment: This is a full-time position of 40-hours per week. Some evening and weekend hours will be required to fulfill client needs.
Salary Range: $35,000 – $50,000 per year
Purpose: Responsible for planning, developing and coordinating the Company’s communication, marketing and public relations activities. Manage communication, marketing and public relations projects for clients.
Online Marketing and Communication
- Assist Company and clients in establishing and growing a following on their social media accounts, including but not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram,YouTube and Google+
- Research content, share images and write posts for Company and clients on their social media accounts
- Set goals for increasing social media presence for Company and clients; track and report progress using analytics
- Establish and manage CRM system for Company and / donor management systems for clients
- Develop and manage targeted e-marketing lists for Company and clients
- Design e-marketing templates for Company and clients
- Sync online marketing programs with contact management systems for Company and clients
- Design and disseminate online marketing and communication materials for Company and clients (to specifically include researching content, creating ads and writing stories for e-newsletters, blogs, etc.)
- Track and report response to online marketing methods
- Manage website content for Company and clients, and ensure integration with CRM, social media other online marketing methods
- Work with website developer to create new websites
- Track and report website interactions using analytics
- Other duties in support of online marketing and communications
- Prepare press releases for Company and clients and submit to supervisor for approval
- Distribute approved press releases to media contacts
- Manage the production and distribution of advertisements and PSA’s (for print, radio and television) for Company and clients
- Update media contact lists for Company and clients
- Follow up with media contacts by phone and email
- Coordinate with other public relations, marketing and graphic design professionals on behalf of Company and clients
- Other duties in support of media relations
Graphic Design and Publication Production
- Prepare brochures, programs, banners and other materials as needed using Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Create and edit graphics as needed for use on websites, eNewsletters, PowerPoints,etc.
- Lead and coordinate projects with other graphic design professionals and graphic design intern
- Assist the President in fine-tuning the Company’s brand
- Assist clients in developing their unique brands
- Promote brand recognition through development and distribution of collateral materials for Company and clients
- Coordinate with other marketing and graphic design professionals on behalf of Company and clients
- Other duties in support of branding
Event Planning and Support
- Coordinate venue, menus, presenters, AV setup and other event logistics
- Create Programs/Save the Dates, Sponsor packets and epromotions
- Assist with guest lists, seating charts, and name tags
- Assist with day of event set-up, registration process, and other support as needed
- Meet with supervisor
- Communicate with clients, vendors and Company employees by phone, email and in person
- Research information for use in communications
- Prepare reports on work activities and progress toward company objectives
- Keep track of and report time on Company timesheet
- Collaborate with other Company employees and interns
- Participate in professional associations in marketing, communication, and/or public relations
- Stay informed on the latest developments within the marketing, communication, and public relations fields
- Other general duties in support of the Company’s marketing and communication strategies
- Requires remaining stationary for periods of up to four hours
- Requires telephone conversations
- Requires interfacing with a computer
- Requires use of electronic mail
- Requires writing letters, memos, articles and reports
- Requires face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams
- Requires work with others in a group or team
- Requires work with external customers or the public
- Requires being exact or highly accurate
- Mistakes are not easily correctable and have serious consequences
- Requires meeting strict deadlines
- Opportunity to make decisions without supervision
- Requires making decisions that impact the results of co-workers, clients or the company
- Includes traveling to various locations on and off campus
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions
- Includes responsibility for work outcomes and results
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required (degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or Journalism preferred)
- Experience in marketing, graphic design/publication layout, nonprofit or corporate communications and public relations required (at least three years)
Specific Knowledge / Skills Required:
- Customer service
- English language and grammar
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, Power Point
- Online marketing, including use of email marketing and CRM’s
- Social media: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Google+; use of automation technology and analytics
Specific Knowledge / Skills Preferred:
- Adobe Creative Cloud: InDesign/Photoshop/Illustrator
- MS Office: Excel, Publisher, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Knowledge and skills to implement all aspects of PESO model
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, resume, graphic and writing samples, and three references to email@example.com
From Beethoven to ZZ Top – How Artis—Naples Finds Their Many Audiences
Join the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Gulf Coast Chapter on April 26, 2016 for this month’s luncheon, featuring Ashley Mirakian, Vice President Marketing and Patron Engagement, for Artis-Naples.
Ashley will walk us through Branding, Identifying, Finding, Funding and Capturing your ideal audience for a different show each night.
Tuesday, April 26 11:30 a.m. at
5111 Tamiami Trail North
Naples, Florida 34103
11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Networking
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. Luncheon Presentation
Ashley Mirakian Bio:
Ashley Mirakian has been Vice President of Marketing and Patron Engagement at Artis—Naples for just over one year. She is thrilled for the opportunity to speak at PRSA on behalf of her hard-working colleagues at Artis—Naples. What is “Patron Engagement”? It means being the voice of the audience point-of-view inside the organization and connecting audiences to an up-close and personal experience with art. The team at Artis—Naples prioritizes clear marketing communications and an efficient and friendly customer service experience.
Mirakian has a decade of experience in branding, marketing, public relations and customer service. She was previously the Director of Marketing and Public Relations at the Toledo Symphony (TSO) for six successful seasons. In 2011, the Toledo Symphony made its Carnegie Hall debut with over 1400 people in attendance either from Toledo or with Toledo connections. This is a direct result of a two-year communications and branding plan, which emphasized the unique and aspirational qualities of the debut. Rave reviews from The New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, The New Yorker, the Toledo Blade and Financial Times of London elevated the stature of the orchestra internationally. She was also active in programming for the symphony’s Pops Series and substantially increased single ticket and subscription revenue for the series through arena-style event marketing and dynamic pricing.
As a consultant, Mirakian successfully led the Toledo Opera through a significant re-branding and re-introduction process to the Toledo region. With her assistance, the opera has enjoyed completely sold out houses and a revitalized image. Prior to her appointments in Toledo, Ashley led the marketing and public relations departments of the Virginia Symphony Orchestra in Norfolk, VA and the Elgin Symphony Orchestra in suburban Chicago. She has also held administrative positions with the Brevard Music Center (North Carolina), the Bloomington Area Arts Council (Indiana), and the New Haven Arts Council in Connecticut.
Ashley’s background is in music performance and musicology. She is a bassoonist, having performed with the University of Toledo Symphony Orchestra and Wind Ensemble, Rockford Symphony Orchestra, IU Opera Theatre, IU Graduate Wind Quintet and Yale Symphony Orchestra, among others. She lives in North Naples with her husband and daughter and expects a new addition to the family any day now.
Independent Practitioners Workshop
April 26, 2016
Prior to the regular monthly meeting
Get Your Own Marketing Into Action
Independent PR practitioners want to grow their businesses, but they frequently face what seem to be insurmountable challenges to effectively marketing their services and to attract more of their ideal clients.
But these challenges are, more often are not, internal not external.
Most of us have the skills to create a powerful marketing message, develop an attention-getting website or launch an effective marketing campaign. But for many reasons, some of us are stuck.
Our discussion will be based on excerpts from a PRSA (national) teleseminar on “Getting Unstuck” that aired on March 30, 2016 and will address:
- Why your marketing is stuck and how this triggers stress
- How to identify underlying beliefs that hold your marketing back
- Patterns of language (that we’re not aware of) that only increase stuckness
- Myths about marketing that tend to increase fear and avoidance of marketing
- Why expecting that your marketing should be easy only makes things worse
- A powerful cognitive process that can get your marketing unstuck in minutes
Phyllis K. Ershowsky, MBA, APR, CPRC
Independent Practisioners Alliance Member
We hope our IPs will join us! Please RSVP by 4/19/16 to: firstname.lastname@example.org as space is limited.
Job Description: Editorial Assistant
eBella Magazine is seeking an editorial assistant. This person would work hand-in-hand with our editorial department, interviewing, researching, writing stories for publication in eBella, our monthly magazine created to inspire and empower women. This person would be familiar with AP style (or learn to use the online stylebook), social media, and have excellent written and verbal skills, as well as a creative mind.
This is a part-time position, hourly salary negotiable.
Contact Cammi Clark, associate publisher, email@example.com
Leading Change – Transition from Local to a Regional Powerhouse
Join us Tuesday, March 22, for our Lunch N’ Learn
11:30 Networking – Program and Lunch at Noon
Theo Etzel, Author and President/CEO of Conditioned Air Corporation, a $45 million business employing 350 full-time co-workers, will present “Leading Change” in a Question and Answer format.
You won’t want to miss Theo’s insights on business opportunities as Southwest Florida continues to grow, prosper and flourish. He will present methods to grow business and personal development.
Key areas of discussion will be:
- Creating and adjusting the brand
- Dealing with employees
- Changes in marketing and promotion
- Lessons learned
$27 PRSA Members
Biography and Book
Theo Etzel, who was born and raised in Miami, FL; attended Ransom-Everglades High School, where he began sports announcing in football and water polo. He interned at WKAT radio on Miami Beach where he developed a love of radio, the microphone and voice-over work. He graduated from Stetson University in DeLand, Fla. in 1980 with a Bachelor of Science in economics and finance from the university’s School of Business and also managed the school’s radio station.
Upon graduation, he worked for Days Inns of America in real estate acquisition for the state of Florida. He quickly advanced in the company and moved to Atlanta to serve as vice president of development.
While in Atlanta, Etzel also owned two Ben & Jerry’s ice cream franchises and was on the staff of Habitat for Humanity, building homes and acquiring and rezoning land in north Fulton County for the organization.
In 1995, he moved to Naples and assumed the position of president and CEO of Conditioned Air Corporation of Naples Inc. At the time, it was a $2.7 million operation in the residential market. By 2015, the company had grown to a $45 million organization in the residential and light commercial market with emergency service, contracts, production housing, retro-fit and custom design-build construction. Conditioned Air employs nearly 350 full-time co-workers and has branch offices in Ft. Myers and Sarasota. In 2010, Conditioned Air received the National Contractor of the Year award from the Air Conditioning Contractors of America. In 2011, Conditioned Air was awarded the Uncommon Friends Foundation Business Ethics Award for commitment to Integrity in their business practices.
Theo is part of Vistage, an international association of CEOs dedicated to constant improvement of business practices and personal development. He is past-chairman of the board for Grace Place for Children and Families, a faith-based charity committed to helping underprivileged and at-risk children attain higher learning and life skills through mentoring relationships. He is Chairman of the Board of Encore Bank, a community bank headquartered in Southwest Florida. In October of 2011, Theo was inducted into the Junior Achievement Hall of Fame in Collier County and named a Man of Distinction in 2013 by the Collier County Champions for Learning.
Theo is the author of the book, Invest Your Heartbeats Wisely, (Greenleaf Book Group Press) released in April of 2016. The book focuses on practical, philosophical and principled leadership concepts for business and life.
He and his wife, Kim, have been married since 1980 and have two children, a son, Chad, and a daughter, Kristen, who are both married and pursuing their own successful careers.
Slide shows from the event
Photo Gallery from the event
Tourism Trends – Public Perceptions & PR Pitches
Tuesday, February 23, 11:30 network, Noon program
NCH Telford Center – NCH Telford Parking
Tourism is one of the largest industries in Collier County, generating more than $1.9 billion in economic impact, and is a key driver of the regional economy. This growth is supported by ongoing public relations efforts both domestically and internationally.
Join the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Gulf Coast Chapter on February 23, 2016 for a luncheon highlighting “Tourism Trends – Public Perceptions and PR Pitches” featuring Terry Gallagher, President, Lou Hammond & Associates and Jack Wert, Executive Director, Naples, Marco Island, Everglades Convention & Visitors Bureau.
This insightful presentation will feature a tourism industry update from a record-setting year followed by a strategic take on best practices for story pitching and communication techniques to reach influential media outlets.
The luncheon takes place February 23, 2016 at Naples Community Hospital, 318 7th St N. The event begins at 11:30 a.m. with socializing and networking, with the presentation to follow at noon.
Parking Directions: Please plan to park in the ramp on the north side of 2nd Avenue North and west of Hwy. 41. The entrance is just across the street from Sunshine Ace Hardware. There is no gate—easy access. Take the elevator to the first floor and walk across 8th Street. You will enjoy a lovely stroll through the Garden of Hope & Courage before arriving at the Telford Center (will be on your left). You can take the elevator to the 2nd Floor auditorium.
Terry Gallagher, President, Lou Hammond & Associates – New York Office
Terry Gallagher joined Lou Hammond & Associates in 1992 and is a destination marketing leader who has planned and implemented strategic campaigns for a range of travel industry accounts, resulting in award-winning placements among national broadcast, print and digital media.
Utilizing his nearly 30 years of experience in the travel communications industry, he has handled everything from spur-of-the-moment crisis management situations and last-minute special events to long-range planning for destinations, restaurants, world-class hotels, cruise lines and airlines.
A destination marketing specialist, his award-winning campaigns include, among others, the promotion of Florida’s Paradise Coast as the ultimate luxury beach escape location, the positioning of Sonoma County as America’s premier wine and vacation region, and the revitalization of Providence, R.I. as one of the country’s hottest cultural and culinary getaway destinations. The Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International honored each of these campaigns.
An accomplished speech writer and featured speaker at industry conferences and seminars, Terry is also an authority on strategic promotional partnership programs. He has developed client tie-ins with retailers such as Macy’s and Bloomingdales, broadcast outlets such as ABC-TV’s “The Bachelor,” sports franchises such as the Boston Red Sox and Miami Heat and iconic events including Fashion Week.
Terry graduated from St. Peter’s University, N.J., where he studied English and Journalism. A father of three, home is a priority for his wife and him.
Jack Wert, Executive Director, Naples, Marco Island, Everglades Convention & Visitors Bureau
Jack Wert has dedicated more than 20 years to tourism destination marketing. He has created and led two destination marketing organizations in Florida, in Seminole County near Orlando and for the past 12 years at the Naples, Marco Island, Everglades Convention and Visitors Bureau in Collier County.
Jack holds the designation of Certified Destination Management Executive (CDME) and Professional Destination Manager (PDM) and is Past Chair of the Florida Association of Destination Marketing Organizations (FADMO). He continues to serve on the FADMO Nominating Committee. He has also served on the VISIT FLORIDA Board of Directors, and is the immediate past Chairman of the Destination Marketing Association International (DMAI) Accreditation Board and currently serves on the DMAI Board of Directors Committee. He also serves on the VISIT FLORIDA International Committee, advising the state tourism organization on best practices for marketing Florida to international visitors.
In Southwest Florida, Jack serves on the Advisory Boards for the Florida Gulf Coast University Resort & Hospitality Management School and the United Arts Council of Collier County. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Marketing from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.
ABOUT NAPLES, MARCO ISLAND, EVERGLADES CVB
The Naples, Marco Island, Everglades Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) is the official tourism marketing and management agency for Collier County, Florida, known as Florida’s Paradise Coast. The CVB produces the area’s ongoing destination marketing campaigns, website and visitor guides, and provides information and assistance for travel media, group meeting and event planners, tour operators, and travel agents. For more information visit http://www.paradisecoast.com. Follow the destination on Twitter @ParadiseCoast and on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/TheParadiseCoast.
Please Join Us for Light Breakfast, Stimulating Conversation & New Ideas Lessons Learned:
Best Practices for the Independent PR Practitioner
Please come prepared with two examples of important lessons you have learned as an independent practitioner. For example:
- The importance of peer networking
- How to build a team starting from one.
Tuesday, February 23, 2016
Avow Hospice, Naples
8:30 – 10 a.m.
Session Lead by:
Phyllis K. Ershowsky, MBA, APR, CPRC
Independent Practisioners Alliance Member
Grow your business by connecting to a strong network of independent practitioners who benefit greatly from the best practices, strategies and support they provide to one another. Our members have access to resources including: