Position: Communications Manager
Reports to: Director of Development
Position Status: Full-time
Working under the Director of Development as a part of the Development team, the Communications Manager will be responsible for all internal/external communications and development materials, public relations, and website/social media presence to consistently, dynamically and strategically promote Grace Place and its mission.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the development and ongoing oversight of the organization’s annual communications plan.
- Manage all media contacts.
- Develop ideas and opportunities for feature articles, interviews, presentations, and other public relations activities that promote awareness of the organization and its services.
- Manage public relations campaign (includes producing and following quarterly schedule and incorporating all timely media pitches that will arise).
- Develop, manage and produce all organizational communication materials, including, e-communication campaign, newsletters, annual reports, brochures, leaflets, press releases, program flyers and development and event collaterals.
- Develop and update organization’s messaging (including umbrella statement for press releases, elevator pitch for board members and case statement).
- Responsible for building, enhancing, maintaining and updating website content to serve needs of multiple constituencies, including donors, clients, community partners and grantors, etc.
- Write new website content, and coordinate production of graphics and other web elements.
- Manage social media properties and create content strategy for organization on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and custom social networks.
- Develop and maintain key long-term relationships with community groups; especially with community groups holding third party fundraising events.
- Project a positive and professional image at all times within the community.
- Assist in the researching of facts, background information and other required data for grant/proposal and other development/communication activites.
- In collaboration with the Director of Development assist in the planning, implementation and execution of Grace Place cultivation events.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Professional, confidential, honest, and reliable person. Must have an even disposition with a poised confidence and have the ability to deal effectively and politely with people from different backgrounds, experience levels and in all types of situations. Must have the capability to evaluate problems accurately and display good judgment.
- Will have access to and use of confidential information pertaining to donors, supporters, volunteers, and constituents and must have a good sense of diplomacy.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and have the ability to work independently, competently and efficiently in a multi-task environment.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum three years experience in communications, marketing, journalism etc.
- Minimum two years experience on a development team.
- Functional expertise in the use of Microsoft Word and Publisher, InDesign, Photoshop, website management (knowledge of WordPress preferred), social media marketing and Raiser’s Edge (or similar fundraising database).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to the mission and core values of the organization.
What Drives Choice and Behavior?
The Institute for Public Relations (IPR) is an independent nonprofit foundation dedicated to the science beneath the art of public relations™. They focus on research that matters to the practice, providing timely insights and applied intelligence that professionals can put to immediate use.
At this session, IPR Chair Michelle Hinson will shape her talk around one of IPR’s priority research topic areas which focuses on what drives choice and changes behavior.
Michelle will address the following:
- What we can draw from behavior sciences, sociology, psychology and neuropsychology to apply to public relations practice?
- What are the emotional and rational drivers of belief, commitment and behavior?
- How do different stakeholders – and different generations – process differently in this regard?
Michelle is an industry leader in media monitoring, public relations measurement and data analytics. One of her goals for the Measurement Commission is to ensure full-fledged measurement literacy in the PR profession.
To learn about the IPR visit: www.instituteforPR.org
Presented by Michelle Hinson
Michelle Hinson was recently named Sales Director for PR Measurement at CyberAlert, an industry leader in media monitoring, public relations measurement and data analytics. She is also an adjunct instructor in the Department of Public Relations at the University of Florida teaching classes on public relations strategy and writing.
Michelle’s communication career includes stints in healthcare and nonprofit public relations. For 16 years, Michelle worked for the Institute for Public Relations (IPR) in various positions ending as the director of development. IPR is an independent foundation dedicated to the science beneath the art of public relations, located at the College of Journalism and Communications at the University of Florida.
She is chair of IPR’s Measurement Commission, a think tank dedicated to developing and promoting standards and best practices for research, measurement, and analytics that contribute to ethical, strategic and effective public relations. She chaired the 2014 Measurement Summit, an annual gathering of research practitioners and thought-leaders in measurement and evaluation and is slated to chair the 2015 event.
Michelle is the Chief Financial Officer for the International Public Relations Research Conference. She is a charter member and a past president of the North Central Florida Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP). She is also a member of the Public Relations Society of America. In addition, Michelle is co-author of a number of research papers and reports that have been presented at academic and professional conferences.
She is a graduate of the University of Florida with a B.A. in sociology and earned a Master’s Degree in Philanthropy & Development from Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota. Michelle is currently a PhD candidate in Public Policy and Administration with a specialization in nonprofit management and leadership at Walden University. Her dissertation is looking at message development and social media use by nonprofit organizations.
Michelle pens Michelle Unfiltered—Measurement and Other Things That Make Me Go Hmmmm for The Measurement Standard and is a blog contributor for The Measurement Advisor and Research Conversations. Her 18-year old daughter, Hailey, never ceases to remind her of just how little she really knows.
We seek: a Part-time Digital Brand Ambassador to assist in developing, implementing and tracking campaigns across all digital channels including periodic uploading of website content, sleuthing the internet for online brand consistency, placing paid ads and posts on social media platforms and executing email campaigns on behalf of our brands.
You are: Flexible in your schedule. As comfortable working alone as you are in a crowded restaurant setting. Technologically astute and you love working with data. Creative and able to brainstorm. A good writer with a reasonable grasp on spelling and grammar. You love marketing and have a positive attitude about the brand/s you represent.
We require: Twenty hours per week to start; a few work hours per week will include evenings and possibly weekends on site inside of two local restaurants for the purpose of creating in-the-moment, experience-related, share-worthy posts on social media (including photos when appropriate).
Our ideal candidate is a quick study with a teachable spirit and has a working knowledge of digital terminology such as SEO, API, AB Testing, click through rates, open rates, FTP, WordPress, cloud-based technology, webinars, etc. and has hands-on experience in data/database management and social media for the purposes of marketing.
You will: Have access to your own reliable computer hardware (PC preferred based on current software in use), mobile phone and reliable transportation. Travel minimally between Estero and Naples at varying intervals. Work with the marketing manager and restaurant managers in a team environment while also determining your own self-starting tasks which may differ from day to day, but will include any combination of the following:
- Work together with marketing manager to develop, execute, measure and optimize online and email marketing campaigns across multiple platforms
- Engage in target marketing strategies with marketing manager to cull member/subscriber data for list segmentation and targeted content creation
- Ensure that all digital marketing channels are aligned with brand marketing calendars
- Manage online reputation, review platforms and social media postings
- Curate content and optimize it for social media and website platforms
- Manage and periodically update website content in WordPress
- Serve as a day-to-day contact for marketing manager, restaurants and senior leadership
- Track, measure and report online marketing performance on a regular basis
- Communicate to senior leadership regarding online marketing strategies and tactics
- Evaluate and recommend new online marketing opportunities and technologies
To apply, please send resume and cover letter, including phone contact information, to RestaurantDigitalBrandAmbassador@yahoo.com. Only resumes with cover letters will be reviewed. Qualified candidates will be background checked prior to further consideration. Thank you! We hope to speak with you soon.
Job: Digital Media Specialist
The Shell Point Retirement Community is seeking a qualified candidate who will post and update all organizational information and leads on all of their organizational websites. This person will also ensure the accuracy and timeliness of all electronically posted information. For more information on the position and/or to apply, visit http://jobs.shellpoint.org/
SCCF (the Sanibel-Captiva Conservation Foundation) is soliciting emails of interest and attached resumes for its new Public Outreach Coordinator position. This new communications position will be responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive plan encompassing social media, print- and web-based promotion of SCCF’s mission, staff and projects.
The position will work towards becoming an SCCF spokesperson, able to speak fluently about SCCF’s work. Replies can be sent to Karen Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions can also be directed to Ms. Nelson at 239-472-2329.
Community Engagement Case Study: The Blue Zones Initiative
Creating healthier, happier and more productive residents. That’s the goal of the NCH Healthcare System as we transform from a “repair shop” to a change agent focused on prevention.
Eighty percent of the factors which influence health are under our control.
NCH, along with the help of community partners, is launching a major initiative that uses scientific research to help southwest Florida boost our well-being. It’s called the Blue Zones Project(r) and it has been successfully implemented in 13 communities across the country. In every case there’s been demonstrable progress in improving the well-being of participating communities.
The Blue Zones Project is a community-wide initiative designed to make healthy choices easier. It encourages sustainable changes in our built environment and social networks, often suggesting policy changes involving worksites, schools, restaurants, grocery stores and neighborhoods.
Presented by Dr. Allen Weiss
Dr. Allen Weiss
President and CEO of NCH Health System and leading advocate of the Collier County Blue Zones Community initiative.
Dr. Allen Weiss was appointed President and CEO of the NCH Healthcare System in September, 2006. Previously, he was President for over six years. He is responsible for a 715 bed, two-hospital integrated health care system in Naples, Florida. NCH is one of only thirty hospitals in the country affiliated with Mayo Clinic. NCH has been named three times by U. S. News and World Report as best in the region and among the top 10% best cardiovascular surgical programs according to Society of Thoracic Surgery based on objective data.
After graduating from Columbia University’s College of Physicians and Surgeons and subsequently completing his training at both the New York Presbyterian Hospital and Hospital for Special Surgery of Cornell University, he had a solo practice in Rheumatology, Internal Medicine, and Geriatrics for twenty-three years. He is board certified in all three specialties and is recognized both as a Fellow of the American College of Physicians and a Fellow of the American College of Rheumatology.
His interest in the development of the three core competencies of the NCH Healthcare System—demonstrated quality, operational efficiency and fiscal responsibility—began during his executive MBA program at Florida Gulf Coast University where he was subsequently named Distinguished Alumnus. Dr. Weiss also has led a very successful physician hospital organization that has recently developed expertise in utilization and case management while working with physicians to measure and demonstrate quality. At the state level, Dr. Weiss led the Quality committee of the Healthy Florida Foundation that subsequently shared recommendations for evidenced based medicine to transform healthcare. In 2008, he received Distinguished Executive of the Year recognition from the Women’s Bar Association. In 2010, he was recognized as one of the Men & Women of the year by Gulfshore Life.
In July 2005, Dr. Weiss had the honor of expressing his views with the U.S. House Ways and Means Health Subsection concerning the use of information technology in health care. He has also been invited to be a keynote speaker at various meetings and has been given the “Key to the City of Naples” for “his steadfast commitment to enriching the lives of the general public …” In 2012 he was named one of the Top 100 outstanding Physician leaders of healthcare systems by Becker’s Hospital Review. In 2013 he was named a “Man of Distinction,” and one of fifteen citizens who had the most influence on Naples during the past fifteen years. He also is one of thirty recipients of Becker’s Healthcare 2013 Leadership Award for remarkable contributions and lasting legacies and named twice by the same institution as a nonprofit hospital and health system CEO to know.
Additionally, Dr. Weiss is Chair of the Florida Hospital Association and Chairman of the Upper Midwest Voluntary Hospital Association of America. He is on the Boards of the Chamber of Commerce, Regional Advisory Council of the American Hospital Association, Wolford School for Certified Nurse Anesthesiology, Telford Board, American Momentum Bank since inception and the Foundation Board of Florida Gulf Coast University.
His wife, Dr. Marla Weiss, is a writer and educator. They have two daughters who are physicians, one a biomedical illustrator/educator and the other an adolescent medicine physician/educator.
Crisis Communications: Why it matters to you.
Why you need a crisis management and communications plan for your company or your client:
- Do you really want to handle an emergency on the fly?
- Do you know what resources are available to help you?
- Do you have established relationships to ensure you get accurate information internally?
Learn tips on how to develop a plan, the importance of having a trusted one-voice policy and how all your proactive preparation can lead to a position of respect and support for you and your team during a crisis – and beyond.
Presented by Victoria B. Moreland
VICTORIA B. MORELAND
Public Affairs Director
Lee County Port Authority
Victoria B. Moreland joined the Lee County Port Authority as the department director of public affairs in May 2007. The public affairs department is responsible for the promotion of Southwest Florida International Airport and Page Field though media relations and public information/marketing communications including special events, community relations and customer service programs, corporate citizenship and employee communications. The department also handles the airport Art in Flight program, as well as maintains the airport’s website and social media efforts.
Moreland has 38 years of experience in the aviation industry. Prior to joining the Port Authority, Moreland held executive management positions in marketing, public relations, airport administration, government affairs and strategic planning for several U.S. airlines.
Moreland is a member of the Southwest Florida Chapter of the Florida Public Relations Association where she serves on the leadership team. Moreland was awarded the 2014 Public Relations Professional of the Year and the 2010 Chapter Member of the Year for her work and contribution to the Southwest Florida Chapter. In addition, she is a member of the American Association of Airport Executives and Airports Council International – North America.
Reports to: The Chief Advancement and Communications Officer
Ave Maria School of Law has an immediate need for a Marketing and Communications Manager. This individual will create, plan, and implement communication plans and initiatives to support AMSL’s mission. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to managing internal and external communications, enhancing communication channels, managing the social media channels and the content of the law school’s website to insure accuracy, current information and brand consistency, management of all special events and developing and executing an innovative marketing and communication strategy. The successful candidate will oversee the development of the AMSL brand in all forms, and establish awareness of the Law School’s expertise and leadership among its target audiences, both internal and external. The Marketing and Communications Manager will help to manage the AMSL brand by identifying existing and new media and communication channels, communicating with various target audiences; and collaborating with the team to effectively advance the mission of AMSL.
This key position is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating messages and/or events designed to create or maintain a favorable public image, raise issue awareness, enhance the reputation, manage the brand and/or support enrollment initiatives.
- Develop communications tools and messaging to increase brand awareness and philanthropic engagement at the Law School.
- Oversee and manage all communications channels including web, social media, and traditional media.
- Create consistent messaging for key internal and external audiences including donors, alumni, faculty, media, government, and other opinion leaders.
- Develop marketing communications materials to support the activities and strategic goals of AMSL.
- Create compelling, persuasive copy for a variety of new and traditional media and various publications
- Plan, manage and successfully execute key events including receptions, galas, workshops, Speaker’s Series and conferences that promote the mission, expertise, and vision of AMSL
- Identify and develop Sponsorship and fundraising opportunities to support the Gala, Speaker’s Series, etc.
- Create a professional atmosphere within the department, integrating AMSL Staff, Faculty, alumni, members of the legal community, the media, and the public
- Strategic development and understanding of professional public relations best practices, instituting policies and procedures to reflect same;
- Prepare, edit and produce organizational publications for internal and external audiences, including, but not limited to, newsletters, magazines and press releases
- Respond to requests for information from the media; providing information to the designated spokesperson or information source as applicable;
- Conduct media training and prepare talking points as needed
- Develop strategic opportunities (Op-Ed, lectures, expert opinions, etc.) to increase the awareness of AMSL in the media and among various demographics and create focus on the law school;
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills;
- Review, catalog and analyze media coverage
- Responsible for creating professional, brand-specific messages in all collateral, web, photographs, social media and multimedia programs including film and video production
- Manage the social media channels and all of the content of the law school’s website to insure accuracy, updated information and brand consistency
- Develop a Media Expert Spokesperson database of professors
- Manage and schedule photographers for event coverage and maintain the photo archive
- Assist with the preparation and management of Crisis Communications Plan
- Effectively and professionally “pitch” story ideas with the media; develop long-term mutually beneficial relationships;
- Work effectively in a project team environment, meet deadlines and develop strategies to monitor and evaluate results
- Participate in the management of the departmental budget and provide oversight for consultants/vendors
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing/communications/public relations or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience developing and implementing successful marketing/communications plans spanning a wide variety of promotional channels (web, social, print), website content management and the execution of special events. Experience can be in higher education, ad agency or in the Marketing/Communications unit of an organization
- Strong written communications skills to develop strategic marketing materials and messaging.
- Requires some travel.
- Ability to act effectively both independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to set priorities with the flexibility to meet changing priorities.
- Fluency with MS Office suite, Power Point, Excel, Publisher, and other necessary SW programs
- Exceptional communication skills—written and oral;
- Successful track record managing and implementing traditional and digital communication tools to advance the message of an organization;
- Creative, solution oriented thinker. Problem solver.
- APR Accredited by the Public Relations Society of America
- Master’s degree in marketing/communications/business, or related field.
- Higher education or legal education experience strongly preferred
The Ave Maria School of Law, providing legal education enriched by the Catholic Faith, seeks employees whose education, experience and beliefs are consistent with its mission. Ave Maria School of Law complies with federal and state laws regarding equal employment opportunity.
For consideration, interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and at least three references in PDF format to HR@avemarialaw.edu. Please reference Marketing and Communications Position in your subject line. The position will remain open until filled.
This position is well suited for someone who does freelance work or is looking for predictable hours on a part time basis! Requirements include expertise with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) desktop design software.
Core responsibilities include graphic design for print material/internet use, in-house print production, message/content posting to organization’s social media pages, website, etc. More information about the full scope of the position can be obtained by visiting: https://avowhospice.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2uegb5nvaco Avow is a nonprofit organization, founded in 1983, that provides hospice, palliative medicine and grief support services in Collier County – visit avowcares.org.
Title: Promotions/NTR Director
Beasley Broadcast group of Fort Myers is currently accepting applications for qualified individuals for a Promotions/NTR director. This person is responsible for creating nontraditional revenue opportunities and on-air programming promotions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working closely with all stations program directors to create events and on-air sponsorships
- Prepare proposals and support sales staff by going out on calls
- Maintaining the radio station integrity through contest rules and preventing liability within station promotions
- Gaining public support and attention by sending out creditable press releases and working with outside media
A minimum of 3 years radio experience is required for this position.
Qualified applicants should send resume to:
WRXK/ WXKB/ WJBX/WJPT/ WWCN/ WRXK-HD
20125 S. Tamiami Trail
Estero FL 33928
Or submit resumes to Brad Beasley at email@example.com
Accepting resumes through 11/24/2014.
All resumes will remain confidential.
Beasley Broadcasting WRXK, WXKB, WJBX, WJPT, WWCN, WRXK-HD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.