Job: Digital Media Specialist
The Shell Point Retirement Community is seeking a qualified candidate who will post and update all organizational information and leads on all of their organizational websites. This person will also ensure the accuracy and timeliness of all electronically posted information. For more information on the position and/or to apply, visit http://jobs.shellpoint.org/
SCCF (the Sanibel-Captiva Conservation Foundation) is soliciting emails of interest and attached resumes for its new Public Outreach Coordinator position. This new communications position will be responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive plan encompassing social media, print- and web-based promotion of SCCF’s mission, staff and projects.
The position will work towards becoming an SCCF spokesperson, able to speak fluently about SCCF’s work. Replies can be sent to Karen Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions can also be directed to Ms. Nelson at 239-472-2329.
Community Engagement Case Study: The Blue Zones Initiative
Creating healthier, happier and more productive residents. That’s the goal of the NCH Healthcare System as we transform from a “repair shop” to a change agent focused on prevention.
Eighty percent of the factors which influence health are under our control.
NCH, along with the help of community partners, is launching a major initiative that uses scientific research to help southwest Florida boost our well-being. It’s called the Blue Zones Project(r) and it has been successfully implemented in 13 communities across the country. In every case there’s been demonstrable progress in improving the well-being of participating communities.
The Blue Zones Project is a community-wide initiative designed to make healthy choices easier. It encourages sustainable changes in our built environment and social networks, often suggesting policy changes involving worksites, schools, restaurants, grocery stores and neighborhoods.
Presented by Dr. Allen Weiss
Dr. Allen Weiss
President and CEO of NCH Health System and leading advocate of the Collier County Blue Zones Community initiative.
Dr. Allen Weiss was appointed President and CEO of the NCH Healthcare System in September, 2006. Previously, he was President for over six years. He is responsible for a 715 bed, two-hospital integrated health care system in Naples, Florida. NCH is one of only thirty hospitals in the country affiliated with Mayo Clinic. NCH has been named three times by U. S. News and World Report as best in the region and among the top 10% best cardiovascular surgical programs according to Society of Thoracic Surgery based on objective data.
After graduating from Columbia University’s College of Physicians and Surgeons and subsequently completing his training at both the New York Presbyterian Hospital and Hospital for Special Surgery of Cornell University, he had a solo practice in Rheumatology, Internal Medicine, and Geriatrics for twenty-three years. He is board certified in all three specialties and is recognized both as a Fellow of the American College of Physicians and a Fellow of the American College of Rheumatology.
His interest in the development of the three core competencies of the NCH Healthcare System—demonstrated quality, operational efficiency and fiscal responsibility—began during his executive MBA program at Florida Gulf Coast University where he was subsequently named Distinguished Alumnus. Dr. Weiss also has led a very successful physician hospital organization that has recently developed expertise in utilization and case management while working with physicians to measure and demonstrate quality. At the state level, Dr. Weiss led the Quality committee of the Healthy Florida Foundation that subsequently shared recommendations for evidenced based medicine to transform healthcare. In 2008, he received Distinguished Executive of the Year recognition from the Women’s Bar Association. In 2010, he was recognized as one of the Men & Women of the year by Gulfshore Life.
In July 2005, Dr. Weiss had the honor of expressing his views with the U.S. House Ways and Means Health Subsection concerning the use of information technology in health care. He has also been invited to be a keynote speaker at various meetings and has been given the “Key to the City of Naples” for “his steadfast commitment to enriching the lives of the general public …” In 2012 he was named one of the Top 100 outstanding Physician leaders of healthcare systems by Becker’s Hospital Review. In 2013 he was named a “Man of Distinction,” and one of fifteen citizens who had the most influence on Naples during the past fifteen years. He also is one of thirty recipients of Becker’s Healthcare 2013 Leadership Award for remarkable contributions and lasting legacies and named twice by the same institution as a nonprofit hospital and health system CEO to know.
Additionally, Dr. Weiss is Chair of the Florida Hospital Association and Chairman of the Upper Midwest Voluntary Hospital Association of America. He is on the Boards of the Chamber of Commerce, Regional Advisory Council of the American Hospital Association, Wolford School for Certified Nurse Anesthesiology, Telford Board, American Momentum Bank since inception and the Foundation Board of Florida Gulf Coast University.
His wife, Dr. Marla Weiss, is a writer and educator. They have two daughters who are physicians, one a biomedical illustrator/educator and the other an adolescent medicine physician/educator.
Crisis Communications: Why it matters to you.
Why you need a crisis management and communications plan for your company or your client:
- Do you really want to handle an emergency on the fly?
- Do you know what resources are available to help you?
- Do you have established relationships to ensure you get accurate information internally?
Learn tips on how to develop a plan, the importance of having a trusted one-voice policy and how all your proactive preparation can lead to a position of respect and support for you and your team during a crisis – and beyond.
Presented by Victoria B. Moreland
VICTORIA B. MORELAND
Public Affairs Director
Lee County Port Authority
Victoria B. Moreland joined the Lee County Port Authority as the department director of public affairs in May 2007. The public affairs department is responsible for the promotion of Southwest Florida International Airport and Page Field though media relations and public information/marketing communications including special events, community relations and customer service programs, corporate citizenship and employee communications. The department also handles the airport Art in Flight program, as well as maintains the airport’s website and social media efforts.
Moreland has 38 years of experience in the aviation industry. Prior to joining the Port Authority, Moreland held executive management positions in marketing, public relations, airport administration, government affairs and strategic planning for several U.S. airlines.
Moreland is a member of the Southwest Florida Chapter of the Florida Public Relations Association where she serves on the leadership team. Moreland was awarded the 2014 Public Relations Professional of the Year and the 2010 Chapter Member of the Year for her work and contribution to the Southwest Florida Chapter. In addition, she is a member of the American Association of Airport Executives and Airports Council International – North America.
Reports to: The Chief Advancement and Communications Officer
Ave Maria School of Law has an immediate need for a Marketing and Communications Manager. This individual will create, plan, and implement communication plans and initiatives to support AMSL’s mission. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to managing internal and external communications, enhancing communication channels, managing the social media channels and the content of the law school’s website to insure accuracy, current information and brand consistency, management of all special events and developing and executing an innovative marketing and communication strategy. The successful candidate will oversee the development of the AMSL brand in all forms, and establish awareness of the Law School’s expertise and leadership among its target audiences, both internal and external. The Marketing and Communications Manager will help to manage the AMSL brand by identifying existing and new media and communication channels, communicating with various target audiences; and collaborating with the team to effectively advance the mission of AMSL.
This key position is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating messages and/or events designed to create or maintain a favorable public image, raise issue awareness, enhance the reputation, manage the brand and/or support enrollment initiatives.
- Develop communications tools and messaging to increase brand awareness and philanthropic engagement at the Law School.
- Oversee and manage all communications channels including web, social media, and traditional media.
- Create consistent messaging for key internal and external audiences including donors, alumni, faculty, media, government, and other opinion leaders.
- Develop marketing communications materials to support the activities and strategic goals of AMSL.
- Create compelling, persuasive copy for a variety of new and traditional media and various publications
- Plan, manage and successfully execute key events including receptions, galas, workshops, Speaker’s Series and conferences that promote the mission, expertise, and vision of AMSL
- Identify and develop Sponsorship and fundraising opportunities to support the Gala, Speaker’s Series, etc.
- Create a professional atmosphere within the department, integrating AMSL Staff, Faculty, alumni, members of the legal community, the media, and the public
- Strategic development and understanding of professional public relations best practices, instituting policies and procedures to reflect same;
- Prepare, edit and produce organizational publications for internal and external audiences, including, but not limited to, newsletters, magazines and press releases
- Respond to requests for information from the media; providing information to the designated spokesperson or information source as applicable;
- Conduct media training and prepare talking points as needed
- Develop strategic opportunities (Op-Ed, lectures, expert opinions, etc.) to increase the awareness of AMSL in the media and among various demographics and create focus on the law school;
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills;
- Review, catalog and analyze media coverage
- Responsible for creating professional, brand-specific messages in all collateral, web, photographs, social media and multimedia programs including film and video production
- Manage the social media channels and all of the content of the law school’s website to insure accuracy, updated information and brand consistency
- Develop a Media Expert Spokesperson database of professors
- Manage and schedule photographers for event coverage and maintain the photo archive
- Assist with the preparation and management of Crisis Communications Plan
- Effectively and professionally “pitch” story ideas with the media; develop long-term mutually beneficial relationships;
- Work effectively in a project team environment, meet deadlines and develop strategies to monitor and evaluate results
- Participate in the management of the departmental budget and provide oversight for consultants/vendors
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing/communications/public relations or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience developing and implementing successful marketing/communications plans spanning a wide variety of promotional channels (web, social, print), website content management and the execution of special events. Experience can be in higher education, ad agency or in the Marketing/Communications unit of an organization
- Strong written communications skills to develop strategic marketing materials and messaging.
- Requires some travel.
- Ability to act effectively both independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to set priorities with the flexibility to meet changing priorities.
- Fluency with MS Office suite, Power Point, Excel, Publisher, and other necessary SW programs
- Exceptional communication skills—written and oral;
- Successful track record managing and implementing traditional and digital communication tools to advance the message of an organization;
- Creative, solution oriented thinker. Problem solver.
- APR Accredited by the Public Relations Society of America
- Master’s degree in marketing/communications/business, or related field.
- Higher education or legal education experience strongly preferred
The Ave Maria School of Law, providing legal education enriched by the Catholic Faith, seeks employees whose education, experience and beliefs are consistent with its mission. Ave Maria School of Law complies with federal and state laws regarding equal employment opportunity.
For consideration, interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and at least three references in PDF format to HR@avemarialaw.edu. Please reference Marketing and Communications Position in your subject line. The position will remain open until filled.
This position is well suited for someone who does freelance work or is looking for predictable hours on a part time basis! Requirements include expertise with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) desktop design software.
Core responsibilities include graphic design for print material/internet use, in-house print production, message/content posting to organization’s social media pages, website, etc. More information about the full scope of the position can be obtained by visiting: https://avowhospice.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2uegb5nvaco Avow is a nonprofit organization, founded in 1983, that provides hospice, palliative medicine and grief support services in Collier County – visit avowcares.org.
Title: Promotions/NTR Director
Beasley Broadcast group of Fort Myers is currently accepting applications for qualified individuals for a Promotions/NTR director. This person is responsible for creating nontraditional revenue opportunities and on-air programming promotions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working closely with all stations program directors to create events and on-air sponsorships
- Prepare proposals and support sales staff by going out on calls
- Maintaining the radio station integrity through contest rules and preventing liability within station promotions
- Gaining public support and attention by sending out creditable press releases and working with outside media
A minimum of 3 years radio experience is required for this position.
Qualified applicants should send resume to:
WRXK/ WXKB/ WJBX/WJPT/ WWCN/ WRXK-HD
20125 S. Tamiami Trail
Estero FL 33928
Or submit resumes to Brad Beasley at email@example.com
Accepting resumes through 11/24/2014.
All resumes will remain confidential.
Beasley Broadcasting WRXK, WXKB, WJBX, WJPT, WWCN, WRXK-HD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
“The Evolution of Southwest Florida’s Daily Newspapers: Multi-Media Outlets”
During this luncheon, you will hear about how both organizations have evolved over the last decade from traditional print operations into multi-media groups, providing news and information 24 hours a day, seven days a week on multiple platforms.
This is a unique opportunity for anyone interested in the media to hear from the leaders of the Daily News and News-Press and to gain insight into the future direction of both publications.
Tuesday, January 27th,
11:30 a.m. at Avow
1095 Whippoorwill Lane
Naples, Florida 34108
The luncheon will be held in the Inspiri Community Center. Park in the main lot and enter through the main doors to the hall
11:30 a.m. – 11:55 a.m. Networking
11:55 a.m. – 12:20 p.m. Lunch
12:20 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. Presentation
$27 PRSA Members
*No shows will be billed if no prior notice given and only checks accepted at the door. NOTE: To guarantee seating and meal, reserve online and pay through PayPal by FRIDAY, January 23rd. No cash is accepted at the door. Checks are accepted and must be provided at the time of the luncheon. No shows will be billed if no prior notice given.
Contact Name: Joanne Wyss
Organization Name: First Book-Collier County
Organization Mission: First Book-Collier County provides new books to children in need, addressing one of the most important factors affecting literacy – access to books. Since our founding in 2005, we have given nearly 500,000 books to disadvantaged young children throughout Collier County, in Head Start pre-K programs and in kindergarten, first- and second-grade classrooms in Title I schools.
Position: Board member
Time Commitment: One Board meeting per month from November-April. Two to three days per month for supporting work.
Location of Position: Naples, FL
Position Description: First Book-Collier County is seeking several additional Board members to lead and support a wide range of communications efforts. We are looking for individuals with strong skills in areas such as public relations, public speaking, grant writing, and e-communications such as e-newsletters, e- blasts, and Website updates. Knowledge of MailChimp and/or WordPress is a plus.
Successful candidates will join a capable, dynamic and collegial board that includes several GNL alumnae.
Transmedia Storytelling & the Media Cloverleaf: Building Community in a World of Infinite Media Options
In the evolving modern media landscape, it’s crucial to understand the relationship between various news information channels in order to achieve desired communication, marketing and engagement objectives. In addition to leveraging traditional outlets, owned content must be developed and optimized to resonate in digital and social communities.
David Almacy, a senior vice president in Edelman’s Digital Public Affairs practice will assess the current media environment, provide a general overview of the Media Cloverleaf, discuss best practices, address potential pitfalls and challenges in this timely presentation.
David brings over 15 years of experience at the intersection of government, public relations, marketing, politics and digital communications. He has been a frequent speaker at PRSA International conferences and his clients include Hilton, Adobe, Walmart, Micrsoft and Pepsi. Prior to joining Edelman, David was the White House Internet and E- communications Director under President George W. Bush.
Tuesday, October 21,
11:30 a.m. at Avow
1095 Whippoorwill LaneNaples, Florida 34108
The luncheon will be held in the Inspiri Community Center.
Park in the main lot and enter through the main doors to the hall
11:30 a.m. – 11:55 a.m. Networking
11:55 a.m. – 12:20 p.m. Lunch
12:20 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. Presentation
$27 PRSA Members
*No shows will be billed if no prior notice given and only checks accepted at the door. NOTE: To guarantee seating and meal, reserve online and pay through PayPal by FRIDAY, October 18th. No cash is accepted at the door. Checks are accepted and must be provided at the time of the luncheon. No shows will be billed if no prior notice given.
David Almacy Bio:
David Almacy is a senior vice president in Edelman’s Digital Public Affairs practice. A native of the Washington, DC area.
David brings over 15 years of experience at the intersection of government, public relations, marketing, politics and digital communications.
Prior to joining Edelman,
David spent almost two years as vice president of Digital Strategies (Studio D) with Waggener Edstrom Worldwide, probably best known as the longtime agency of record for Microsoft. In 2007, David was named as one of PRWeek’s Top 40 Under 40.