We have a group of 3-4 members who want to attend Ann Wylie’s PRSA Teleseminar on September 10th 3-4 PM.
Email Kathy Saenz, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you are interested in splitting the cost and sharing the knowledge. The more the merrier, and the cheaper per person!
Write Releases that Get Posted on Portals, Help Google Find Your Site, Reach Readers Online and More
How to Write a Social Media Release
Thursday, September 10
3–4 p.m. EDT
These days, releases can do more than just get your story reported in news outlets. Online releases can get posted on news portals and other Web sites; be seen directly by customers, clients and other stakeholders; and even boost your search engine rankings. Ann Wylie demonstrates how to write a release that takes advantage of online distribution to accomplish all of your public relations and communications goals.
- Why jargon, buzzwords and other “gobbledygook” hurts communication worse online than in print.
- How to write better headlines, decks and leads for your online release.
- How long your online release should be
- How to craft links that help Google find your Web site and that work for most news portals.
- Where to add links, and what to link to, to make the most of your SEO opportunities.
- How to optimize your releases for search engines as well as for readers.
You will hear from:
Ann Wylie, president, Wylie Communications, Inc., works with communicators who want to reach more readers and with organizations that want to get the word out. Ann travels from Hollywood to Helsinki, helping communicators at such organizations as NASA, AT&T and H&R Block reach more readers. In addition to writing and editing, Ann helps organizations launch or revitalize their Web sites and publications, and helps communicators polish their skills and find new inspiration for their work.
Peter Shankman’s HARO, Help A Reporter Out, is a wonderful resource for any communications professional. If you haven’t joined already, it’s free and easy to do.
You sign up and receive three or so emails a day from Peter, all with reporters looking for sources.
I joined and my company has landed interviews as a result. No gimmicks. No spam.
Click here to learn how it works.
Treasurer, PRSA Gulf Coast Chapter