Takes an active role in the initiation, design, writing and editing of copy for feature articles, news releases and announcements and their subsequent dissemination and /or publication.
Provides marketing and public relations services for all campuses, centers, departments, entities and personnel of the college.
Oversees the production of schedule guides as college marketing tools from concept to delivery. Writes, edits and coordinates the customized distribution of college news releases.
Handles ensuing media inquiries and requests to arrange interviews. Monitors, distributes, and reconciles press clips.
Prepares speeches, introductions and miscellaneous narrative for college publications, remarks for the College speakers as requested.
Creates print and broadcast advertising concepts, copy and design and coordinates the placement with responsibility for maintaining exposure throughout the year within a specified budget.
Provides creative writing, editorial, and proof reading and helps facilitate production of college publications such as catalogs, magazines, fliers, brochures, programs, handbooks, forms and certificates using appropriate style guidelines.
Provides strategic planning, creative writing, editorial and proof reading for the College’s social media outlets
Maintains college image through public speaking engagements.
Supports and coordinates with student affairs and alumni regarding the college’s social networking sites to ensure responsible promotion of college messages.
Assists college staff with planning of special events and attends as directed.
Collaborates with appropriate departments on the management and oversight of the college website usability, functionality, navigation and design.
Assists in the preparation of specifications, including bids, for college publications and communication venues.
Coordinates with internal and external media and community partners to promote college-wide programs, services, and events.
Assists in the implementation of strategies for communicating relevant information with prospective students and other audiences. Researches and reports strategic sponsorship opportunities.
Performs other similar and related duties as assigned.
These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed; employees will be required to perform other job related duties as required. An employee with a disability is encouraged to contact the Human Resources Office to evaluate the job in greater detail in order to determine if she/he can safely perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in a related field of study such as Journalism, Marketing or Public Relations;
Three (3) years full-time related professional work experience.
Skilled and versatile in creating and producing a variety of print, broadcast, news releases, brochures, publications, advertisements, speeches and other forms of communication.
Strong proofreading skills and knowledge of Associated Press (AP) style guidelines.
Knowledge of social media, mass media practices, and advertising markets.
Ability to travel within the College’s five-county service district.
Experience using a personal computer, office software such as MS Office and electronic mail. Basic knowledge of Adobe PhotoShop and other graphic software.
Demonstrated ability to:
* Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students and the public.
* Work in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
* Gather and analyze data, reason logically and draw valid conclusions.
* Interpret and apply laws, rules, standards and procedures pertinent to the professional operations.
* Multi-task, set and meet work flow deadlines, and provide assistance to a variety of constituencies.
* Maintain confidentiality.
All employees are expected to:
* Promote a common purpose consistent with stated College goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning environment.
* Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
* Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies.
* Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
* Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
* Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of the world, personalities and working styles.
* Conduct oneself in a manner consistent with the College’s standards of ethical conduct.
* Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and collaborates with others to achieve goals.
* Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
Work Conditions/Physical Demands/Special Conditions
Physical: Routinely requires the ability to see, hear, and speak. Routinely requires sitting, bending, stooping, walking. On occasion, incumbents may be required to lift 20 or more pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Environmental: Normal general office
Mental: Routinely requires the ability to interpret, analyze and perform critical thinking skills.