United Way of Collier County
Marketing and Communications
Request for Proposal
The United Way of Collier County is entertaining proposals to advance its Marketing and Communication efforts. Specifically the contracted entity (s) will be accountable to the President and CEO and collaborate with board leaders and partner agencies as directed by the president.
Specific Focus areas to include:
- Media engagement, placement, follow-up and tracking for and on behalf of the United Way and its partner agencies. (Print, advertising, radio, television, billboards, social, electronic, etc.)
- Brand management utilizing and building on the already existent United Way worldwide brand materials
- Material design utilizing and localizing national brand templates. Materials may be inclusive of but are not limited to agency brochure, campaign case statement, campaign training materials, posters, fact sheets, invitations, stationary, annual report, leadership / Tocqueville brochure, endowment brochure, business cards, thank you cards, invitations, campaign tool-kits, newsletters, etc.
- Recommend and implement enhancements as agreed by the president to web and social media sites belonging to the United Way.
- Support media, advertising and communication efforts for United Way public events; WALK, Golf Outing, Campaign Kick-off and other special events as approved by the president
- Design and placement of advertising if approved
Specific responsibilities and expectations to include:
- Writing, preparing and placing press releases once approved by the President and CEO.
- Identify strategic appearances and speaking engagements where the CEO, board leaders, and partner agencies should be presenting the United Way story.
- Manage overall content development to keep the United Way web page and social media sites relevant and loaded with fresh material. Proactively seek story ideas.
- Write scripts, mange online video’s, create / support video as/if needed.
- Obtain pro-bono services / in-kind donations and/or negotiate best possible pricing.
- Be immediately available to the President and CEO in response to media needs or opportunities
- Ability to quickly and accurately turn-around time sensitive projects or requests
- Submission of bi-weekly progress reports of work performed and media placements achieved
- Ability to research and develop campaign and community data providing a case for support from member partners and United Way leadership
Must demonstrate a track record of success and non-profit media experience desired.
Proposals and letters of interest may be submitted electronically to: email@example.com