Monthly Archives: May 2012
United Way of Collier County
Marketing and Communications
Request for Proposal
The United Way of Collier County is entertaining proposals to advance its Marketing and Communication efforts. Specifically the contracted entity (s) will be accountable to the President and CEO and collaborate with board leaders and partner agencies as directed by the president.
Specific Focus areas to include:
- Media engagement, placement, follow-up and tracking for and on behalf of the United Way and its partner agencies. (Print, advertising, radio, television, billboards, social, electronic, etc.)
- Brand management utilizing and building on the already existent United Way worldwide brand materials
- Material design utilizing and localizing national brand templates. Materials may be inclusive of but are not limited to agency brochure, campaign case statement, campaign training materials, posters, fact sheets, invitations, stationary, annual report, leadership / Tocqueville brochure, endowment brochure, business cards, thank you cards, invitations, campaign tool-kits, newsletters, etc.
- Recommend and implement enhancements as agreed by the president to web and social media sites belonging to the United Way.
- Support media, advertising and communication efforts for United Way public events; WALK, Golf Outing, Campaign Kick-off and other special events as approved by the president
- Design and placement of advertising if approved
Specific responsibilities and expectations to include:
- Writing, preparing and placing press releases once approved by the President and CEO.
- Identify strategic appearances and speaking engagements where the CEO, board leaders, and partner agencies should be presenting the United Way story.
- Manage overall content development to keep the United Way web page and social media sites relevant and loaded with fresh material. Proactively seek story ideas.
- Write scripts, mange online video’s, create / support video as/if needed.
- Obtain pro-bono services / in-kind donations and/or negotiate best possible pricing.
- Be immediately available to the President and CEO in response to media needs or opportunities
- Ability to quickly and accurately turn-around time sensitive projects or requests
- Submission of bi-weekly progress reports of work performed and media placements achieved
- Ability to research and develop campaign and community data providing a case for support from member partners and United Way leadership
Must demonstrate a track record of success and non-profit media experience desired.
Proposals and letters of interest may be submitted electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Filled – No longer available
Job Title: Vice President, Communications
General Summary: The Vice President, Communications helps plan, develop and manage internal
and external communications activities for the Chamber and is responsible for the implementation of all communications necessary to support all Chamber activities.
Reports to: President & CEO
Persons Supervised: None
Interrelationships: Works closely with entire senior management team, but does interact with all staff regularly, dependent upon project specifications.
Essential Job Duties:
Serves as editor for monthly Business Currents. Finds, writes and develops meaningful content and is responsible for coordinating and formatting all materials for each issue.
Works with editorial board to set yearly topic schedule and brainstorm content.
Initiates, develops and maintains local media contacts for disseminating information; researches and writes Chamber press releases.
Ensures that Chamber communications reflect consistent positions and messages and that all Chamber materials are properly branded.
Develops effective and appropriate communications strategies, tactics and responses as necessary.
Serves as the media point person for the Chamber.
Serves as a spokesperson for the Chamber.
Manages Chamber photography needs.
Researches and prepares speeches, commentary and position papers on selected topics for senior management.
Coordinates press conferences and certain ceremonies.
Creates collateral materials as necessary using Adobe products.
Produces the Chamber Connect on a weekly basis.
Produces the eWeekly Member Spotlight on a weekly basis.
Manages all Chamber social media activity.
Represents the Chamber at all assigned meetings, functions and events.
Stays aware of all events, meeting dates and functions of The Chamber.
Responsible for upkeep of the Chamber website, excluding the database.
Undertakes other special projects and duties assigned by the President/CEO.
Participates in Board meetings and executive meetings when requested.
Maintains and abides by the standards, mission and focus of The Greater Naples Chamber of Commerce.
Communications effectively with all staff, especially senior management
Attends all required staff meetings.
Job Description and Competency Assessment Statement
Minimum four-year college degree. BA in communications, marketing, public relations, management, business, political science/public policy or like fields of studies.
Minimum of four years of experience in communications, publishing and/or marketing. Work experience in a non-profit organization a plus.
Special Knowledge Required:
Excellent writing and editing skills
Skillful and resourceful researcher and creative thinker. Ability to absorb and articulate verbally and/or in written form original content and/or another person’s thoughts, concepts and observations.
Good project management and workflow coordination and follow up skills
Attention to detail and deadlines
Awareness of current events and topics related to the business community
Excellent media relations skills
High computer competency, including Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
Basic HTML knowledge a plus
Americans with Disabilities Act Statement:
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job duties specifically stated within this job description either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the organization on a case-by-case basis.
The Greater Naples Chamber of Commerce is a drug and smoke free workplace.