Monthly Archives: September 2010
Ever wonder why your prized press release never made it into the paper? What about the best way to pitch a news reporter? Or how about the structural changes now occurring in area newsrooms?
For answers to these and other pressing questions, please join us for our upcoming Southwest Florida news media panel.
This event is always one of our most popular programs of the year. We will feature eight representatives of the region’s leading print and broadcast publications. A new twist on this event will be our “speed dating” theme, which will help ensure that you have an opportunity for one-on-one time with each media representative.
Want to RSVP? For your convenience, you can reserve a spot for you and your guests or pay with a credit card through our secure PayPal system. We still accept only cash and checks at the door.
Click on the link below to learn more about this month’s program and to register. We look forward to seeing you on Sept. 28th!
Clay W. Cone
President, PRSA Gulf Coast Chapter
September 28 – “Meet the Media”
The Public Relations Society of America (PRSA), Gulf Coast Chapter will host its annual Southwest Florida Media Panel presentation on Tuesday, September 28, 2010, at the Hilton Naples, 5111 U.S. 41 N. The event begins at 11:30 a.m. with social and networking, with the presentation to follow at 11:45 a.m. (please note the slightly earlier start time to ensure that we all have enough time to chat).
The program will feature several representatives of area print and broadcast media, including:
- Phil Borchmann, Editor of Gulfshore Business
- Jean Gruss, Lee-Collier Editor for Gulf Coast Business Review
- Len Jennings, News Anchor for ABC-7
- Shelley Lund, Publisher of Naples Florida Weekly
- Candace Rotolo, Editor of eBella magazine
- Amy Tardif, WGCU Public Media
- Amy Wegman, News Anchor for FOX 4
- Steve McQuilkin, Business Editor of the News-Press
The cost is $24 per person for PRSA members, $27 for non-profit organizations, $29 for non-members and $15 for students. Reservations must be made by Friday, September 24, 2010.
Date: Tuesday, September 28
Time: 11:30-1:30 p.m.
Location: Hilton Naples, 5111 Tamiami Trail N. Naples, FL 34103
Well, now is your chance!
Throughout the month of September, we will be accepting topic ideas from our Facebook and LinkedIn followers for future Gulf Coast Chapter programs. For example, in the past we have hosted programs with topics such as: “Strategic PR in a Lightspeed Environment,” “Oil Spill in the Gulf – Crisis Communications,” and “Tips for Taking and Submitting Great Photos.”
Once all entries have been received by the deadline of Friday, September 24th, the Gulf Coast Chapter Board of Directors will deliberate and select the ideas that are the best and brightest. The winner(s) will be announced at our September 28th Annual Media Panel at the Hilton Naples, as well as on our Facebook and LinkedIn pages. The winner(s) will be awarded complimentary admission to our upcoming October luncheon program.
Are you ready to enter your idea(s)? Following are some simple guidelines:
- To submit, post your idea(s) on our Facebook fan page or under the Discussion “Would You Like to Attend Our October Luncheon for Free?” on our LinkedIn group page.
- Get creative! Bonus points will be awarded to those who not only submit a program topic idea, but also come up with a catchy title for the program and/or a brief description of the program.
- You may submit as many ideas as you’d like until the deadline on Friday, September 24th, 2010. No entries submitted beyond the deadline will be considered.
- Please keep in mind that all selected program ideas may or may not be used by the Gulf Coast Chapter of PRSA as topics for future chapter programs.
If you have any questions regarding this contest, please contact Jennifer Medeiros, Social Media Chair for the Gulf Coast Chapter.
Have fun, and good luck!